Monday, March 2, 2009

Twenty-one for Dinner!

Kelly and I had my side of the family for dinner Sunday, because Grant and Julie were in town. They were all welcomed into our basement, where the party tables had been set up in our new room. Everyone had a great time.

Kelly has spent a lot of time putting together the basement. Kelly has worked with Ben Brown on the framing and with Tyler on the plumbing. The hot water loop was essential! Imagine daring to wire an entire basement--try to not think about how wires contain dangerous amounts of electrical voltage! Not a problem for Kelly. It was exciting to learn about the great deal on insulation due to the power company rebate. Kelly knows the details. Colonial Lumbar in Bountiful delivered and hauled about 100 sheets of dry wall into the basement. We had to get some additional pieces, and I could see why Kelly had as much as possible delivered. David can vouch for that as well, because he also helped to haul dry wall before he left for the MTC. He also had them deliver the doors. Home Depot became one of our favorite places again last year. I got to pick a few drawer pulls and granite for the bathroom. Tim and Phil Tate helped us with the bathroom cabinet. Mud and paint were fun. I passed on the sanding. Carpet, lights, mirror, furnishings, wiring for TV system, and finally, the ceiling tiles. Thanks Chris, for making the ceiling go quicker, and thank heavens for a hot tub for sore muscles. I'm pretty proud of Kelly for all of his hard work. The basement is awesome.

We've already had Chris and Jeni, and Alison, Ben, Cody, and Celeste stay in our guest rooms in the basement. Soon we'll have Katherine and Jon, then Andrea, Ben, Tate, and Catherine. What a Family!

No comments:

Post a Comment