Monday, June 15, 2009

What constitutes an appropriate blog?


There are many philosophical questions in life: What is truth? What is morality? Does the end justify the means? Now, there is a new question: What should I write in my blog? To blog or not to blog, that is another question!

Considering that I am now a Grandmother, should I spend my time writing words of wisdom? Would anyone read these words? Truth is a knowledge of things as they are, as they were, and as they are to come. For prayer to be meaningful, I need to understand the nature of the person that I am speaking with. That helps me to have greater faith.

Actually, I think that being a grandmother may mean that I am supposed to be able to make great cookies. I subscribe to the idea that having lots of treats around works well. I can buy wonderful toys for grandchildren, and sometimes they even come to sleep in our Cars beds. So far, Tate, Cate, Josh, Cody, and Celeste have come for a sleepover. My children and grandchildren understand the truth that we enjoy having them visit. This has been true in the past, is true in the present, and will be true in whatever the future brings. Alison, Ben, Cody and Celeste are coming to stay again this week, while they are house hunting again. Wish them luck!

It took me about an hour last night to read and catch up on the many blogs that I follow. There is some great family information. To quote th X-Files: The Truth is Out There. I learned that Rachel Durham Gee and her husband Chris had been in Charleston, sightseeing in a touristy carriage last week. Fun, fun, fun. The stuff of blogs.

2 comments:

  1. enjoyed reading your blog...one grandma to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you started a blog. You are a great writer. I have always enjoyed your thought processes. I love the photos and even though I don't know everyone, it's fun to see the CREW!

    ReplyDelete