Sunday, December 12, 2010

Honesty

One of my favorite quotes that I have on the wall at home is, "I have no greater joy, than to hear that my children walk in truth."  John 3:4.


I have been blessed to share the role of mother with many children.  That number continues to grow.



Each part of life has its own truth.  I hope we each have learned to focus on all the good things.


There are many changes in life.  There is room to love many people.
Relationships matter.  So talk to each other, cherish each other, and have fun together.


We each have a place in each other's lives.
We are blessed with rich and abundant relationships.





                              There have been many good things in my life.
When one door closes, another one opens.
May we each have the courage to face our challenges honestly.

"He who bends himself a joy
doth the wing-ed life destroy.

He who kisses joy as it flies,
Lives forever in eternity's sunrise."
William Blake

Each one of you is very important to us.

Honesty  is very important to healthy relationships. 
Here are a few words of wisdom for you to enjoy.

A half truth is a whole lie.  ~Yiddish Proverb
Those who think it is permissible to tell white lies soon grow color-blind.  ~Austin O'Malley
The least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold.  ~Aristotle
The most dangerous untruths are truths moderately distorted.  
~Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

A lie has speed, but truth has endurance.  ~Edgar J. Mohn


When you stretch the truth, watch out for the snapback.  ~Bill Copeland


Truth is the most valuable thing we have, so I try to conserve it.  ~Mark Twain


Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence.  ~Lemuel K. Washburn, Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays, 1911


A lie may take care of the present, but it has no future.  ~Author Unknown


We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  ~Tad Williams


Truth fears no questions.  ~Unknown








Enjoy the ride.  Enjoy our rich and abundant relationships.
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and awesome family! I love these pictures. I can honestly say that I love being part of this fantastic group of people!

    ReplyDelete