Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tending Lylia!


I love Grandpa and Grammie!

                                                Lily with her smarties!



                                                 Lil Lil going down the slide
More Smarties


As a grandparent, sometimes children allow you to babysit.  They even hope you will be willing to tend.  Although we are not as young as we used to be, and it is tougher to get up and down from the ground, babysitting comes fairly naturally to us.  Kelly and I also enjoy having our children around while our grandchildren are here, because then they do a lot of the supervision.  Lylia came over while her parents went to a meeting for the leadership in their ward.  At first Lylia was pretty sensitive to the fact that her parents were gone, but then she warmed up.  Grandma loves to take photos.


Lylia loves to change her mind.  She wanted to swing, then she wanted to go down the slide.  She also loved to give a red ball and Coop's pink ball turns on the swings and on the slide.  She pushed the red ball in one of the baby swing seats, while the pink ball rode in the buckle seat.  After two or three pushes, they had to switch seats.  This happened several times.  The good news was that she never asked me for an underduck ride when she rode the swings.  However, while her pink and red ball were swinging, she would run back and forth by them and call out:  Duck!  Duck!  I think she is an expert at giving under ducks.  I think I will adopt her method.


1 comment:

  1. Those are great photos, thanks for posting them! She looks like she's having so much fun. I'm showing her the photos and she gets so excited when she sees them. Thanks for watching her. See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete